Fitness experts believe that riding a bicycle is essential for cardiovascular and muscular strengthening. People also lose weight while riding bikes and improves their health in the long run. Are you among those who want to exercise but worried about your safety? Exercise bikes make it easy for you to work out without living your home. However, the question that always arises is about the difference between the spin bikes vs. exercise bike. Therefore it is about time that we answered questions about their differences.
Spin bikes and exercise bikes are classified as indoor bikes; this means that they can be used either in a gym or at the comfort of your home. The bikes are fixed to enable you to get a better workout without traveling anywhere. They are also designed to strengthen leg muscles and help in cardiovascular exercises. Therefore this means that the bikes are essential in improving breathing, and endurance, as well as sweat, build up that is essential in weight loss
There are multiple categories of exercise bikes. People with injuries and joint impairments opt for a recumbent exercise bike. Other types of bikes that people include spin bikes and upright exercise bikes. Therefore the article will focus on spin vs. exercise bikes and compare their benefits and their usefulness
Both bikes are indoor bikes; however, the significant difference is that spin type is more of a standard bike on the road cycle. There is more to discuss which one is best for you. Below are the benefits of both bikes that will enable you to decide the bike that suits your needs. On the contrary, you can cycle on either of the bikes.
What is a spin bike?
It is a stationary bike that is mostly found in the training centers and provides full body workouts. It is useful in strengthening the calves, thighs, and hips as well as shoulders. The spin bikes have an additional feature that allows you to stand while training while maximizing weight loss. The long training enables you to burn calories depending on gender, and level of fitness.
Features of spin bikes
- They have reinforced pedals that support people of different weights and heights
- The seats are not padded since standing up is essential while spinning
- They have hand bars that are textured to maximize the comfort of the users and protecting their fingers from forming blisters and sores
- Spin bike has a display console that allows you to track your fitness performance in terms of distance covered, calories burned, number of pedals strokes and many more
- Spin bike has large pedal frames to ensure the bike is wobbling while you are vigorously pedaling
Spin bike benefits
Spin bikes are popular since they are mostly used in the gym across the United Kingdom states. People started attending spin classes in large numbers since 1980 when the bike was introduced. Therefore this makes it popular among many people.
Spin bikes have been in existence for an extended period, and they were designed initially for people who understood the meaning of cycling and wanted to do it at their homes
Advantages of a Spin Bike
- Spin bikes have fixed gear that keeps on turning even when you are not pushing to allow you to keep your legs in motion when you are slowing down
- While spinning, you will be in the same posture as if you are riding a regular bike
- Spike bikes have a fixed wheel that is essential in pedaling technique
- Spike bikes are better structured and assembled
- They have high-intensity interval during training
- The bikes are easily configured based on your own body type as well as shape
- They are more comfortable and straightforward to use, and you can easily change resistance levels faster
What is Exercise Bike?
It is also a stationary cycle with a saddle, handlebars, petals and a monitor for recording the heart rate and the work is done and other essential factors such as resistance and cycling speed
Benefits of exercise bikes
Exercise bikes have been around for an extended period than spin bikes. They also have a remarkable technology. The bikes used to be expensive, and they were not well made. However, they have come with a great style and structure that has seen them more comfortable and affordable with a design that will keep you healthy and fit.
- Advantages of an Exercise Bike
- Exercise bikes are cheaper to obtain and compatible
- When not in use the bikes can be folded away
- They have a wide range of cycling programs
- Their handles are higher thus making you sit comfortably with a straight back when cycling
- The bikes can do a variety of workouts including the harder workouts
- They also have more gadgets such as speakers, MP3 players and water bottles for your convenience and entertainment while cycling.
Spin vs. exercise – Which is one, fits you
Like usual the final verdict will always be based on you. You will be the end user, and you have to find exactly what meets your needs. In case you have an injury you are recovering from, or having severe back and joint problems then you should go for exercise bikes. However, if you have if you are comfortable with spin classes or you want real life cycling experience, and then you should go for a spin bike.
On the other hand, if you want a good workout with more comfortability then exercise bike is all you need. It gives you more feedback about your performance. The bikes are also portable since you can easily fold and store the bike after a workout.